Our structural steel company was founded way back in 1919 by Colonel John Reid.
Not long after, Louis Bleriot the pioneering channel crossing French aviator crash landed his aeroplane in northern France.
As a temporary measure he put his aeroplane into a farmers steel cattle shed made by REIDsteel – The word “Hangar” back then was loosely interpreted as “cattle pen”.
Subsequently Louis Bleriot ordered three more “Hangars” which were built at Lamotte-Beuvon and thus started REIDsteel’s aeronautical buildings enterprise. Now we build some of the largest aircraft hangars available for major airlines, aircraft maintenance companies, airfields and individual clients the world over.